This is my wonder cabinet. This is my Cornell Box. This is my place to put things that I find and I like. Enjoy your stay.

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Of Steel

I have this awkward obsession with bicycles. I would say it's a healthy obsession that I control by feeding it as much as possible. Back when I was in grammar school I was the only kid that opted to ride his bike to school everyday instead of simply taking the bus. Sure the bus was faster and convenient but there was something about being on a bike that just called to me. I loved to ride. I don't know if back then I realized what I realize now but it was more than the riding. It was the tradition of a bicycle. It was the mechanics of it. It was the beauty of the lines of the bike and how each part had a function. Over the years I've owned 7 bikes. I currently have three right now (four if we include the unicycle I acquired) and will have one more very soon.

Naturally the bicycle film festival is easily one of my favorite film festivals around. This year this is the documentary that stood out. I love it. It encompasses everything that is beautiful about the art of bicycles. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

No comments: