This is my wonder cabinet. This is my Cornell Box. This is my place to put things that I find and I like. Enjoy your stay.

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Setting up Gmail on iPhone

quick note about it. 
I originally just had Gmail set up so that it kept all the messages in the inbox online cause i never use the online mailbox I just use Mail on my mac cause its faster. Well I set it up on the iPhone and received over 2000 messages and realized it was sending all the messages I had online. 
SO I deleted the mail account on my phone and went online and deleted everything and set it us so that the damn messages would be auto-archived after it sent it to my mail on my macs. well it would not put it in my inbox on my iPhone and it started to piss me off and I finally realized why it only sent it to my all mail that shows what I sent too. 
Its because the Inbox is based off the server. So for the mail to work on my phone so as it would notify me when i get a message and not that I would have to go and look for them in the all mail I had to undo the auto archive. Basically at the end of the week though all you have to do is archive them manually so that you can get them out the way and then your also able to receive them on the phone. 
Hopefully you can understand what I just said cause it took me a while to figure out what was wrong. Im still looking for a way around this and all so well see.
well thats about all

No comments: