This is my wonder cabinet. This is my Cornell Box. This is my place to put things that I find and I like. Enjoy your stay.

Saturday, November 29, 2008

Apple iPhone


Thats right people.
I finally got one.

For the longest time I thought that it was stupid and a waste of money to have one. Then when I got my Mac Book Pro I received an iTouch for free along with an awesome printer that I was actually looking at purchasing a few months before I bought my Mac. Well I always thought why would anyone pay this much for an iTouch. I loved that thing. I still don't think its worth the money for one but it sure is fun and handy. I used it all the time and thought, 'well if this could make calls it would be perfect'. Well Tmobile, my old provider, sent me a message saying that my current credit card I had on there for instant bill pay was going to expire. So today I went to the store to go and put a new credit card on file with them and then I asked how much longer my contract was, they said that it was over and that I could either stay on month by month or I could renew or cancel at this point. I decided not to renew and just to stay on month by month.

Well I then walked over to the other side of the parking lot and went to AT&T, who as we all know currently hold exclusive rights to the iPhone in the USA (overseas its tmobile as well as a few other small carries, go figure). So I talked to them and decided that I was tired of not having phone service whenever I was on campus or offshore. AT&T constantly has service. Then I thought about the fact that Tmobile has the fav five which I always use but then learned that AT&T has free mobile to mobile on their service and several people I call are already with them so that sold me. Plus I then found out that as an LSU student I get 15 percent off and if I can convince my dad to change my internet up at LSU to them, I then get an additional 5 percent off and 200 bucks back. Then every extra thing I put on them I get another 5 percent off which is awesome. SO currently I know have unlimited everything and 900 minutes for the same price that I did with Tmobile where I only had unlimited everything and 300 minutes. AT&T also has roll over.

well thats enough about how and why I changed and the reasons you should too. But on to the phone. Well the iTouch is amazing, if you have it you know BUT the iPhone is even more amazing cause it does all that the iTouch does and more of course. One you can make phone calls and two you can access more apps that only work on the phone and three you can get on the internet without having to be hooked onto a wireless router. This phone is amazing. Plus I can sync it up to my Mac easily (you can also hook these things up to a PC if you didnt know, I didnt know that but you can so its basically awesome no matter what you have but you might as well get a MacBook if you havent already cause there The Boss)

so go get the phone and love life even more as I do. I ended up getting the black 16G iPhone along with a case, car charger, and screen protectors for 386 in the end. A small price to pay to be as happy as I am now.

No comments: